Women are often responsible for much of the labour on cocoa farms and for making decisions on the nutrition, safety, and education of children. At Mars, we aim to empower female farmers both economically and socially. We do this by encouraging financial literacy, helping households save money, granting loans, and organising activities that generate income for women. Giving women access to financial training and credit can help empower them to invest in their families and farms, or to start new business ventures.
- CAA partners Ritter, Fuchs & Hoffman and Ascot on “OUR COCOA” program
- GREEN GHANA DAY: CAA PLANTS TREES TO SUPPORT GOVERNMENT’S AGENDA
- ICI BUILDS CAPACITY FOR CAA
- CAA partners with Mars Wrigley, Sucden, ASCOT and International Cocoa Initiative to protect human rights in the cocoa supply chain
- Annual Technical Staff Training