Women are often responsible for much of the labour on cocoa farms and for making decisions on the nutrition, safety, and education of children. At Mars, we aim to empower female farmers both economically and socially. We do this by encouraging financial literacy, helping households save money, granting loans, and organising activities that generate income for women. Giving women access to financial training and credit can help empower them to invest in their families and farms, or to start new business ventures.
- Cocoa Abrabopa Association And Partners Tackle Poverty in Cocoa Communities
- CAA builds capacity and systems to improve human rights outcomes in cocoa growing communities
- CAA and Alfred Ritter GmbH partner in living income survey for cocoa farmers
- Cocoa Farmers rejoice after Water Project Commissioning
- CAA partners Ritter, Fuchs & Hoffman and Ascot on “OUR COCOA” program